Friday, April 29, 2016

Fancy Stitches

Today, we tried some decorative stitches that the sewing machine can apparently do.

(Top to bottom: 1, 2, 3)
I love that the sewing machine can make such pretty looking stitches with virtually no work at all and I think that these stitches add a new decorative element to whatever is being sewn. Sasha was the one who guided the fabric (which is why the stitches are so straight) and we both love how they look. My personal favorite is the third one, with the leaves. She thinks the first one is really cool.

(Sasha's favorite stitch.)
This one, however, is her favorite. I think it looks really really pretty. but the leaves are still nicer. We both also like the second feather-like one as well.

We've been sort of messing around with the sewing machine to see what it can do. I think I'll probably try sewing with one hand one day soon and see if it's doable - I do have a senior project to complete!


(Different stitch options on the Brother CS6000i sewing machine)

No comments:

Post a Comment